Prepare detailed drawings of architectural and structural features of buildings or drawings and topographical relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, and public works. Use knowledge of building materials, engineering practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings, and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, and other data.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for commercial buildings, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Supervise, coordinate, and inspect the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects.
- Create freehand drawings and lettering to accompany drawings.
- Reproduce drawings on copy machines or trace copies of plans and drawings, using transparent paper or cloth, ink, pencil, and standard drafting instruments.
- Build landscape, architectural, and display models.
- Coordinate structural, electrical, and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans.
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Mechanical Drafters
- Landscape Architects
- Broadcast Technicians
- Desktop Publishers
- Architectural Drafters
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Mapping Technicians
- Web Developers
- Geophysical Data Technicians
- Database Administrators
- Electronic Drafters
- Food Science Technicians
- Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Manufacturing Production Technicians
- Computer Network Architects
- Electrical Engineering Technicians
- Geographic Information Systems Technicians
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects