Apply theory and principles of civil engineering in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of structures and facilities under the direction of engineering staff or physical scientists.
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Report maintenance problems occurring at project site to supervisor and negotiate changes to resolve system conflicts.
- Conduct materials test and analysis using tools and equipment and applying engineering knowledge.
- Negotiate prices for new contracts or for modifications to existing contracts with contractors.
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Electronics Engineering Technicians
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Food Science Technicians
- Civil Drafters
- Electrical Engineering Technicians
- Avionics Technicians
- Computer Network Architects
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Geophysical Data Technicians
- Geographic Information Systems Technicians