Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points, grades, or elevations to guide construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Prepare or present public reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess potential project impact.
- Analyze manufacturing processes or byproducts to identify engineering solutions to minimize the output of carbon or other pollutants.
- Design energy-efficient or environmentally sound civil structures.
- Design or engineer systems to efficiently dispose of chemical, biological, or other toxic wastes.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
- Mechanical Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Petroleum Engineers
- Agricultural Engineers
- Validation Engineers
- Logistics Engineers
- Product Safety Engineers
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Environmental Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Geospatial Information Scientists and Technologists
- Materials Engineers