Tuition (yearly) $25,000
Application Fee $75
Cost information is approximate, please visit the program's website for the most up to date information available.
The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Public Action is a highly selective graduate degree program, designed to give accomplished artists working as agents of social change the time, space, and focus to conduct research and develop new work.
MFA fellows are expected to have substantial professional experience in socially or civically engaged public art or related areas, well beyond undergraduate studies. We recognize the achievements of artists who have had significant careers and encourage them to apply in order to continue their creative research.
Grants & Scholarships
Graduate students typically finance their education through loans. Some grants and scholarships may be available. Please contact the school for more information.
State or Local Grant
State or Local Scholarship
Veteran Educational Assistance Program
Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance
State or Local Military Assistance
The federal student loan is the primary loan resource for most graduate students. Federal Grad PLUS loans may be available to MFA students if the federal unsubsidized student loan will not cover expenses.
MFA students can borrow an amount covering the cost of tuition, residency, and an allowance for books, supplies, and transportation. Living costs during the period of non-residency are not covered by loans or other aid.
Federal Unsubsidized Loan
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Managers, All Other
- Psychologists, All Other
- Social Scientists and Related Workers, All Other
- Community and Social Service Specialists, All Other
- Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
- Social Science Research Assistants
- Social and Community Service Managers
- Professional, scientific, and technical services
- Educational services; state, local, and private
- Healthcare and social assistance