Cost information is approximate, please visit the program's website for the most up to date information available.
As a medical records specialist you will compile, process, and maintain medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the healthcare system. These tasks aid the employer with medical billing and coding.
The medical records specialist apprenticeship includes five college-level courses paired with on-the-job training. The apprenticeship is a great way to start on the path to CCV’s medical billing and coding certificate.
Grants & Scholarships
Apprenticeships at CCV give you the opportunity to earn money while you learn. CCV helps students access a number of grants. Learn more at our website or by talking with a CCV or VSAC staff member.
State or Local Grant
State or Local Scholarship
Veteran Educational Assistance Program
Post 9-11 GI Bill
- Medical Dosimetrists, Medical Records Specialists, and Health Technologists and Technicians, All Other
- Health Information Technologists, Medical Registrars, Surgical Assistants, and Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Workers, All Other
- Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Healthcare and social assistance