For Adults $5,404
Cost information is approximate, please visit the program's website for the most up to date information available.
This is intended for high school students attending from within the district. College credits may be available as part of this program. Students from outside the district or adults who are not enrolled in high school can contact the center to apply for this program, as well.
Students are exposed to the basic maintenance and operation of construction equipment: bulldozers, excavators, loaders, backhoes, dump trucks, graders, and trailers. The main emphasis in the program is on safety and work ethics. Students will also learn the basics of the 1-800-DIG-SAFE system, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, trench safety, basic first aid, personal protective gear and clothing, hand signals for equipment control, motor carrier safety regulations, the use of fire extinguishers, basic mechanics, basic welding, the proper use of hand tools, fluids, types of soils, erosion control, contamination considerations, stump and snow removal, reading blueprints, the use of transits, leveling/grading, preventative maintenance, road design, and job skills.
This program includes the following credential(s): ACT National Career Readiness Certificate.
CTE funding sources
For high school students attending from within the district, there is no cost to this program. For students from outside of the district and adults who are not enrolled in high school, local scholarships and other funding sources may be available. Follow the link and contact the CTE center for more information.
State or Local Grant
- Logging Equipment Operators
- Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Pile Driver Operators
- Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Highway Maintenance Workers
- Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators, Surface Mining
- Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Continuous Mining Machine Operators
- Underground Mining Machine Operators, All Other
- Extraction Workers, All Other
- Crane and Tower Operators
- Dredge Operators
- Hoist and Winch Operators
- Material Moving Workers, All Other