Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Consult with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Integrate engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids or awarding construction contracts.
- Prepare operating and maintenance manuals, studies, or reports.
- Calculate potential energy savings by comparing estimated energy consumption of proposed design to baseline standards.
- Design environmentally sound structural upgrades to existing buildings, such as natural lighting systems, green roofs, or rainwater collection systems.
- Landscape Architects
- Environmental Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Civil Engineers
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Logistics Engineers
- Architectural Drafters