Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
- Health Science | Bachelor’s Degree | Vermont State University
- Health Science | Associate Degree | Community College of Vermont
- Clinical Medical Assisting | Certificate | Community College of Vermont
- Medical Assisting | Registered Apprenticeship | Community College of Vermont
- Medical Assistant Certification Training | Certification | Stafford Technical Center