Purchase farm products either for further processing or resale. Includes tree farm contractors, grain brokers and market operators, grain buyers, and tobacco buyers.
- Purchase, for further processing or for resale, farm products, such as milk, grains, or Christmas trees.
- Negotiate contracts with farmers for the production or purchase of farm products.
- Arrange for processing or resale of purchased products.
- Arrange for transportation or storage of purchased products.
- Maintain records of business transactions and product inventories, reporting data to companies or government agencies as necessary.
- Examine or test crops or products to estimate their value, determine their grade, or locate any evidence of disease or insect damage.
- Coordinate or direct activities of workers engaged in cutting, transporting, storing, or milling products and maintaining records.
- Calculate applicable government grain quotas.
- Sell supplies, such as seed, feed, fertilizers, or insecticides, arranging for loans or financing as necessary.
- Appraisers, Real Estate
- Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Storage and Distribution Managers
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- Parts Salespersons
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Cost Estimators